PACKING & MOVING TIPS
There are a multitude of steps in a successful moving process. You need to get ready for your move and some of the steps below will help you make it this seemingly daunting task much easier. We at Move Masters know how to make your move far less stressful than what most people experience.
Your move is our move, we take it personally.
That's why we created the simple list below to help you, our valued client.
Proper Planning can make your move more cost effective as well as successful.
- Move all personal items (i.e. jewelry, laptops, other small valuables) yourself.
- Disconnect all electronic equipment.
- Label or tag all boxes on the top and sides.
- Have a clear plan of where you would like your boxes and furniture placed in your new residence.
- Be fully packed, organized and ready to go when your movers arrive.
- Boxes should be clearly marked.
- Fragile boxes should be clearly marked.
- Plants should not be watered before the move- this makes them less heavy to move and potentially less messy.
- Once the moving truck is loaded, be sure to double check that nothing was left behind in all closets, cabinets and drawers.
- Have your utilities disconnected the day AFTER your move.
- Arrange to connect your utilities at your new residence the day BEFORE your move.
These steps will cut down on the time it takes our movers to load and unload your belongings, and will help you save money on your move.